Quote of the Week

"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work"
-Thomas Edison

Thursday, May 20

I Sold ART!!!!

I ran around the room screaming last night for about ten minutes. It may have been 1:14am, but I am soooooo excited! I read an article on Etsy.com about a lady who quite her job to sell her illustrations on Etsy and is making a lot of money. I thought to myself, hey there, you are an art student, you can do that! I have used Etsy before to buy a present for my boyfriend and to try and sell some jewelry I made, but nothing ever sold. I had never thought of selling prints of my illustrations. Anyway, so I threw up a couple drawings, hoping maybe in a few weeks someone would buy one. Then, what do you-know, BOOM! Ten minutes later I sold my first piece of art! I cannot tell you how happy I am or how much it boosted my confidence! The feeling of someone else in the world truly enjoying something you made enough to spend $10 on it is crazy awesome.

Some of you may not know about Etsy. It is an amazing site that deals with only handmade and vintage items. It is the eBay for crafty people. There, you can list any item for 20 cents and it will stay listed for a whole year. There is a large community of people selling handmade soaps, snacks, greeting cards, clothing, jewelry, art, and everything else you can imagine! My username is Aestuum, if you wanna check out my shop. Here is the print I sold. I will re-list it once I mail the first print:
PRINT

Anyway, I gotta run over to Kinkos and print this, then spend all day sewing! <3 I am in a great mood though, so I just wanna work all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment